The Start Up Loans Company is a UK-wide, government backed scheme, which offers a repayable loan to individuals over the age of 18 who have a viable business idea but no access to finance. The scheme funds businesses in every sector.
London Small Business Centre is part of a network of official Start Up Loans delivery partners across the UK who administer the scheme. We are here to guide you through the application process, including advice on creating a business plan and cashflow forecast. If you receive a loan we will then support you through your journey, providing you with your business mentor.
Start Up Loans scheme offers you an opportunity to borrow up to £25,000 at a fixed interest rate of 6% per annum, and access to free business support and expertise to help you succeed.
- Loans are available from £500 up to £25,000 per entrepreneur. Our average loan size is £8,500, but the final amount will be determined by your business plan
- Each business partner can apply for their own loan
- Each business can apply for up to maximum £100,000 (for example, if there are 5 business owners, the maximum total amount they could apply for between them would be £100,000, not £125,000)
- The loan is a personal, unsecured loan for business purposes
- The loan is repayable over 1 to 5 years
- There are no fees involved in either applying for or receiving a Start Up Loan, and no fees for the support provided during and after the application process. Other than your monthly loan repayments, you will never be asked for any fees or other payments.
- If you are successful in getting the loan, you will have access to free post-loan mentoring via your business adviser. You will also have access to a range of business offers exclusive to Start Up Loan recipients, as well as free training events.
If you require a Sharia compliant Start Up Loan, please contact Financing Sharia Enterprise www.financingshariaenterprise.co.uk
- You need to be 18+
- You are starting a new business or you have been trading for no longer than 24 months
- Your business is UK registered and/or registered in the UK for tax purposes
- You are living in the UK at the time of your application, and will be for the duration of your proposed loan term. You must be free to work in the UK on a full-time basis with no restrictions on the type of work or self-employment.
- You must not be currently bankrupt, on a Debt Relief Order (DRO), have an outstanding Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA) or Trust Deed or have been discharged from one of these within the last two years
- You must not currently be on a Debt Management Programme or Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS)
For more information, check out Start Up Loans FAQs
How to Apply
1. Complete the registration form to let us know a bit more about you and your business to see if you qualifyRegister
2. Download and complete the following documents, then email them to Caroline at email@example.com:
- Self-declaration form
Please read the form carefully and complete ALL fields. If a question is not relevant to you, please mark as ‘n/a’, but do not leave blank. Please ensure you sign the form (electronic signatures are not acceptable), and then send us all pages of the document (either scan and email, or post).
- Business Outline
If you already have a Business Plan, you can send it to us instead of Business Outline
3. If eligible, we will offer you a one-to-one face-to-face or Skype appointment with one of our Business Advisers who you will work with to get ready to apply for the Start Up Loan
London Small Business Centre is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, reference number 725041
You can find out more about our Complaints Policy: http://smallbusinesscentre.org.uk/finance/complaint-handling-policy/